Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Journey

It was a dark and rainy night, I was heading back home after about an year. Although it was about 2 AM i was wide awake, I'm not sure if it was the excitement to meet family and friends or the passenger next to me snoring so loud. It was very annoying i wonder how the rest of them in the bus were dead asleep, except for this other old man who kept coughing and sneezing every now and then, he was 2 seats ahed of mine but nothing could spoil my mood now, its been a whole year since i saw my parents and friends. I wonder what mom will say about the beard I grew, she'll probably shave it for me, as of my friends would just torture with jokes till I get rid of it, but I like it, I think it makes me look cool. I sat in seat number 13W (next to a window). I usually choose a window seat cause I'm awake at long trips like this and the only entertainment I'll have will be from the scenery and my I-pod. but at this time of the night I could hardly see anything except from headlights from other vehicles.


Our bus then took a turn into the hills, I'm very scared of heights and buses like mine are very fast and hardly slow down in any curve. These are the times when I regret taking a window seat. I couldn't do anything but pray to get out of the hills safely. I'm sure if I looked outside I'd end up in an heart attack. I could say our bus almost made it to the top now, it took another turn suddenly from the other end of the road's curve I saw headlights of another bus racing towards ours, It was too sudden i knew something bad was going to happen, both the buses were too fast. there was a hard head to head collision. I hit my head to the chair on front. I wonder if anyone else other than the driver and I saw this. everyone were awake now. I was in shock, too scared to move. I was shaking, our bus slid downwards along the road....it stopped...probably the driver held the break.......I could see that everyone inside were freaking out.....but like me in a shock did not move. Our bus was still at a pause. I do not know how long it was before few of them got out of their seat, there were a group of people around the back were yelling in some strange language i did not know. the conductor was with the driver in the front I think he was knocked out...It happened again the bus slid again.....this time taking a weird turn, it now went off-road...i knew this was it, there was no hope....and THUD there was another collision the back part of our bus hit a rock about the height of our bus, I think the driver too was unconscious and now let go of the break. I could feel something warm in my forehead, I touched it, it was wet and red....was I so freaked out that I could not feel pain.....the window at the back was all shattered.....everyone got out of their seat rushing to get out realizing that the rock was the only thing holding the bus from falling down, but i guess it was too late and we were too heavy. the rock fell and along with it us, the motion was so fast i hit my head again i do not know to what, everything after that was all dark.......




I opened my eyes, my heart was still beating, very fast and loud.......i was panting for a bit.....I did not know what had happened I took a look around everyone were seated where they were.....fine..... unhurt .......it took me a little while to realize it must have been a dream, the skies were brighter now....I sighed. I was still a little shaken with the ultra realistic dream i just had.....I took a look in the bus again, a few seats were empty. I guess a few of them got out, looked outside, we were still on hills they couldn't have gotten down here. It was confusing......I looked outside there was a bus fallen down, there was a crash, it bus was completely wrecked. I was glad it was not ours. Took a closer look at it I saw a dead bodies. One of them wore the same dress as mine and looked the same. It was......ME.

No comments:

Post a Comment